- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter softened (or cream cheese)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups semisweet or any chocolate chip or melting chocolate
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts coarsely chopped. optional
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the sugar, peanut butter, butter (or cream cheese) together on medium speed until combined.
- Shape mixture into 1/2 – 3/4 inch balls.
- Place on baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Cover loosely, transfer the pan to the freezer and chill for 30 minutes.
- When ready to dip the truffles, melt the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water.
- Dip each chilled truffle, one at a time, coating in chocolate and shaking gently to remove the excess. (If at any point during dipping, the dough balls become too soft, return to the freezer to chill for 15 minutes.)
- Transfer to a wax-paper lined surface.
- Sprinkle peanuts on top of each truffle quickly after dipping each truffle before the chocolate sets.
- Once all the truffles have been dipped, store them in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
store in an airtight container in the refrigerator
Resource : ohsweetbasil.com